Power generation projects, electric utilities, and co-ops can have high initial costs. Smart capital borrowing can make getting started – and keeping the momentum – a little easier.
The power industry is dynamic and ever-changing - we provide capital to businesses to help them stay ahead of the curve.
We provide our partner companies with the security of a large capital provider, and the care and attention to detail of a small group. We’re able to focus just on power, generation, and transmission assets as well as more traditional natural gas-fired generating assets.
We can provide capital and structure complex transactions across the risk spectrum, and across diverse power generating technologies. We can provide project financing for contracted assets, as well as secured and unsecured financings for utilities with a regulated rate base.
Our longtime involvement in the Power sector includes investments of $14.4 billion since the Power group was established in 2004. Our current Power portfolio stands at $8.9 billion, with 97 project issuers, 34 utilities, and 21 electric cooperatives (as of 6.30.19).
- Senior Debt: $20 – $200+ million
- Mezzanine Debt: $10 – $30 million
- Equity: $10 – $30 million
- Construction of new power plants that are either providing power onto the electric grid or are selling energy to another utility or off-taker
- Focus on project finance (construction loan, term loan, subordinated debt), utilities, and electric cooperatives
- Investment grade and below investment grade, fixed- or floating-rate debt, mezzanine, and partnership equity
- Emphasis on contracted assets and return on rate base
- Flexible capital for unique situations, across the risk spectrum
- With us, borrowers can expect to have consistent access to capital throughout market cycles
- Construction and term-lending with custom amortization up to 30 years
Our Two Cents
THE POWER GROUP
Hear Wendy Carlson, Parag Patel, Ty Bowman, and Ingrida Soldatova describe how they can help companies like yours.
“Prudential Private Capital is a great long-term partner. We look forward to continuing our relationship in the years ahead.”
Sean McCloskey, Chief Executive Officer, Penn Energy
“We have a large portfolio and have worked with many companies over the years, but you’ll never have the sense that you’re one in many, because you’re not. Your business is unique, your project is unique, and we’re very cognizant of that.”
We share what we know
Receive our latest perspectives on business issues, industry trends, and economic insights.
Prudential is authorized to transact business in all U.S.states and the District of Columbia. Product availability varies by state and country. Prudential, the Prudential logo, and the Rock symbol are service marks of Prudential Financial, Inc. and its related entities, registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. © Copyright 2019 Prudential Financial, Inc., Newark,NJ USA. All rights reserved. Prudential Financial is a service mark of The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ, and its affiliates.Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom. Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where PGIM has facilities or in which we engage service providers and if you provide Personal Information to us you consent to the transfer of that information to countries outside your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.