2021 Mid-Year Review
July 20, 2021
In the first half of 2021, we provided nearly $6.5 billion of senior debt and junior capital to more than 100 middle-market companies and projects.
In the first half of 2021, we provided nearly $6.5 billion of senior debt and junior capital to more than 100 middle-market companies and projects, marking the second largest first half origination volume over the past decade. 2021 has affirmed the strength of our global origination network and demonstrated our unwavering commitment to supporting our borrowers through any economic environment.
As markets across the globe begin to move beyond the pandemic, we are pleased to share some 1H21 highlights.
- 107 transactions totaling nearly $6.5 billion invested worldwide, with $98 billion in assets under management as of 3.31.21.
- $5.5 billion of investment grade investments, $808 million of below investment grade investments; $209 million of mezzanine and private equity investments.
- 44 new issuers across a range of industries added to the portfolio and 61 existing borrowers returned for further funding.
- $4.7 billion in Global Corporate Finance investments across North America, the UK, Europe, Latin America, and Australasia, including a direct growth financing for an Australia-based air transport company, Alliance Aviation Services.
- $1.6 billion in Real Assets investments, including energy, power, infrastructure, and credit tenant lease financing, including a $60 million below investment grade origination for Rougaroux Power Holdings, LLC, an indirect owner of a 192 MW operating hydroelectric project located in Louisiana.
- Over $200 million invested across 10 mezzanine investments, including a mezzanine energy financing.
- Over $400 million in Direct Lending transactions, across 12 new and follow-on transactions.
- Opening of our Madrid office, Prudential’s inaugural presence in Spain, with notable activity YTD, including a €125 million origination for Club Atlético de Madrid S.A.D.
- Over $1 billion lent across UK and Irish companies out of our London office, with over 80% of YTD lending through direct transactions.
We are pleased to continue our relationship with Prudential, signing our first sustainable private placement supports our long term aim to provide all the company’s funding through our sustainable financing framework. We value Prudential’s shared commitment and their supportive approach to help to deliver our sustainable goals.
Paul Boote, Group Finance Director
South West Water
As the global economy continues to reopen, we look forward to maintaining our investment momentum and strong origination activity through the balance of the year. Looking ahead, we are excited to continue building enduring relationships and helping our partners achieve their long-term capital needs.
No items found.
Stay in the know
Receive our latest perspectives on business issues, industry trends, and economic insights.