We are excited to introduce ourselves to you and our unique way of working together. In order to provide you with the optimal experience, how would you describe yourself?
Credit Tenant Lease
Customized, long-term, fixed-rate financing
Credit Tenant Lease
Credit Tenant Lease (“CTL”) Financing is a method of financing real estate in which the landlord / owner borrows money to finance the development or purchase of a property and pledges as security rent to be received from the tenant and a mortgage on the property.
CTLs are hybrid financings consisting of elements of corporate finance and real estate finance, resulting in a long-term, highly leveraged, customized loan. Unlike a typical commercial real estate loan which is underwritten and sized based on the property value, CTLs are sized based on the underlying lessee’s credit rating, lease structure, and rental payments.
Learn more about why New Balance chose to work with us to finance their new LEED-certified headquarters.
Typical size, structure, uses, and benefits ▼
- $25 million - $100+ million
- Up to 100% loan-to-value
- Proceeds based on present value of future rent payments under the lease
- Sale / leaseback of corporate headquarters, office buildings, warehouses, distribution centers, or retail stores
- Maturities of up to 20+ years with custom amortization schedules
- Below investment grade on a case-by-case basis
- Long-term, fixed-rate debt
- Financing for operationally essential assets
- Capability to fund in local currency
- Investment grade long-term, fixed-rate debt
- Construction-to-permanent financing for corporate or government credit tenants
- Ability to receive capital and structure complex transactions for corporate and government credit tenants
- Ability to borrow in a variety of foreign currencies
- One-stop-shop capability for construction-to-permanent financing
- No requirement for agency rating
- Quick and efficient execution
“We take a collaborative and creative approach to financing; I think our partners see a lot of value in that unique approach.”
With representatives around the world, finding the right person is easy. who you can work with
Learn more about CTLsRead More
You might also like