Our long-term financing meets our partners’ long-term needs.
Companies, like yours, typically complete acquisitions with the goal of growing and responding to their customers’ needs more quickly. Through acquisitions, you can also access adjacent markets as well as diversify your customer base.
There are various alternatives for financing an acquisition, depending on the acquiring company’s situation and goals, and the acquisition finance structure can include a mix of funding sources. The most common alternatives for financing an acquisition include swapping stocks, cash, senior debt financing, mezzanine financing, leveraged buyouts, or equity.
We have experience working with companies of all sizes (EBITDA of $8 million to sky’s-the-limit) from a range of industries to implement a customized acquisition financing solution that meets the objectives of management teams.
- Senior debt: $10 million - $300 million
- Subordinated debt: $10 million - $100 million
- Middle-market companies with attractive growth prospects and positive cash flow
- Incumbent management teams and active ownership with an economic stake in the company’s success
- Minimum EBITDA of $8 million
- Generalist sector approach
- Senior debt, alongside junior capital, for a seamless, one-stop solution with a single, relationship-oriented capital provider
- Typical maturities: 3 – 25+ years
- Flexible payment structures, including amortizing or bullet, and fixed- or floating-rate
- Capacity to fund across your capital structure; a one-stop shop with senior debt, mezzanine or subordinated debt, and preferred equity
- Supportive, patient, relationship-oriented partner
- Deep pockets to provide follow-on capital to fund your future growth
- Streamlined due diligence and execution process, ensuring speed and certainty of close
Managing Director and Majority Owner, Andrea Chalp, of CARCO, and Marie Fioramonti and Josh Shipley of Pricoa discuss financing CARCO’s first cross-border acquisition.
Pricoa Private Capital, the international business of Prudential Private Capital, structured a flexible, one-stop financing package for CARCO that included senior and subordinated debt as well as an accordion to facilitate future tuck-in acquisitions. The transaction was financed in two phases with the first phase closed in less than four weeks after terms were agreed.
Faced with a short deadline to close and the complexities of a cross-border and multi-phased transaction, CARCO chose to partner with us based on our ability to move quickly, the certainty of execution afforded by a one-stop funding solution, multi-currency capabilities, local market presence, and deep experience investing in Italy.
Our long-term and patient funding provided an ideal platform to support CARCO’s management’s future growth ambitions across Europe, Asia, and the US.
“Pricoa gave CARCO the opportunity to execute its growth strategy in the US, reorganizing and optimizing the group capital structure to meet future opportunities.”
Andrea Chalp, Managing Director and Majority Owner, CARCO
Eyes on the horizon
“We keep focused and committed to our and our partners’ shared future goals rather than react to temporary ups and downs.”
We share what we know
Receive our latest perspectives on business issues, industry trends, and economic insights.
Prudential is authorized to transact business in all U.S.states and the District of Columbia. Product availability varies by state and country. Prudential, the Prudential logo, and the Rock symbol are service marks of Prudential Financial, Inc. and its related entities, registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. © Copyright 2019 Prudential Financial, Inc., Newark,NJ USA. All rights reserved. Prudential Financial is a service mark of The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ, and its affiliates.Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom. Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where PGIM has facilities or in which we engage service providers and if you provide Personal Information to us you consent to the transfer of that information to countries outside your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.